Wisecom commits (at least verbally) to maintaining the 21140-based card

Al Youngwerth alberty@apexxtech.com
Thu Jan 14 11:13:00 1999

I spoke with Noel (the sales manager at Wisecom) yesterday. He committed to
continuing to build the 21140-based 10/100 cards based upon our volume
committments. They have 20K cards in stock now and will build more as long
as there is demand and they can buy the chipset (he says they still can).

Arrow says the "new" Intel 21140AF part won't be available until April.
Maybe they're moving the production location?

When you order this part, you want the WS-D400/D not the WS-D400/R (a
RealTek card). They do push the RealTek card (because that's where most of
their volume is and its very cheap).

Again, we don't sell these things. They primarilly sell to OEMs. They have
two resellers listed on their website, one said they were closed (at 11am
on a thursday? Hmmm) and the other said they didn't carry that part. Maybe
one of the retailers that is on this list can pick up the card.

Hope this was of help to some of you.

Al Youngwerth
alberty@apexxtech.com