Asante? was Re: Cheap, good tulips...

Duffey, Harry (Houston) hduffey@hess.com
Mon Jan 11 13:19:21 1999

I wasn't trying to start an argument.  You are right in the fact that
the hardware vendors need to write the drivers to support the cards and
stop making oddball changes.  When that happens life will be much easier
with Linux.  I think the hardware vendors will start writing the
drivers, especially since some of the big guns are supporting Linux
(i.e. Intel, Oracle).

For now though, I'd rather spend more time with other fun stuff than
trying to get a $20 card working.  I'll continue to use the cards that
work flawlessy everytime until the hardware vendors get with the
program.  The price isn't even an issue right now anyway.

p.s.  I'll consider this thread closed.  I don't want to waste anymore
bandwidth discussing network cards. I've had enough of them.  I'm on to
bigger and better things like a Beowolf system.

Later,

Harry