LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 LAN Card

Mark Merritt merritt@mail.msen.com
Sun Jan 10 11:00:05 1999

First, let me say thanks to those who have contributed the work to
make the drivers for these cards available for free - your efforts are
greatly appreciated!

I have the same card(82c169 chip) and it seems to be pretty flaky. I
have the same problem as you, although sometimes I only get 1
'transmitter stopped' message. It seems to do the same thing under NT
4.0, but after awhile NT seems to resolve the issue somehow. For some
reason the card always seems to work fine under Win 95.

I just run the following script to unload and reload the module -
sometimes it clears it up the on the first try, sometimes I have to
run it 5 or 6 times, but once the card is working OK, it seems fast
and reliable. I'm running a 2.0.36 kernel built with egcs-1.0.3,
driver 90f.

#!/bin/bash -vx
ifconfig eth0 down
rmmod tulip-0.90-`uname -r`
sleep 5
insmod /usr/lib/modules/tulip-0.90-`uname -r`
sleep 1
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 arkham netmask 255.255.255.0 up
sleep 1
/sbin/route add localnet dev eth0

Curtis wrote:>> Hello, I am having a problem configuring my
Curtis wrote:>> LinkSys network card on Linux version 2.0.34 .  I
Curtis wrote:>> am using the tulip driver version 90.  After
Curtis wrote:>> rebooting the machine I get the following line
Curtis wrote:>> over and over and over; about once a second:
Curtis wrote:>> eth0: The transmitter stopped! CSR5 is 2678016,
Curtis wrote:>> CSR6 816e2002.

Curtis wrote:>> Any clues?

Curtis wrote:>> Curtis Brune