problem with new (21143 TD) LinkSys Cardbus

Dean Martin Townsley townsley@physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 8 14:39:45 1999

> Bruce Lowekamp wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to get a LinkSys Cardbus controller to work---currently it
> > fails while doing negotiation.  I'm currently using 0.90f of tulip.c
> > with the 2.0.6 pcmcia package.
>
> [snip]
>
> Bruce,

[snip]

> One question for you: have you experienced any random hard lockups
> (cold-boot) as a result of inserting the card?  I have had that happen
> to me a few times, and it happened on my 'TD' card as well.  It may very
> well be pcmcia services' driver for my PCMCIA controller as Donald
> suggested, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had an
> experience similar to mine.  If you have, what kind of portable do you
> own and if you know, what PCMCIA and CardBus controller does it use?

Hey, I've got one of these too, and I'm past sendback time (didn't do anything
over xmas break)  So I'm trying to get it working.  I posted a bunch of debug
info to the linux-tulip-bug list rather than this one.
I'm using cardservices 3.0.5, 3.0.6 locks my machine as soon as it is
installed and I haven't gone about investigating why, I just switched back to
3.0.5.  BTW I have a Gateway Solo 5100, I don't have the specs or the machine
with me at the moment so I don't know the chipset, but I can provide that if
desired.

-Dean Townsley