fun with tulip

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Thu Feb 11 19:59:45 1999

With regards to your message at 07:09 PM 02-11-99 -0500, Mark Hahn. Where
you stated:
>> We recently got stuck with some of the new Netgear 310 cards which came
>> with "non-Digital" chips on them. They DO work, to a degree, but slowly.
>
>this is a well-know bug in the driver.  the patch, which fixes
>lite-on tulip clone performance, was posted to this list this week.

You mean .90k? And Doug Eadlines posted patch? YEs, saw that, thanks.

However, it doesn't work on the Alpha, hence the diag posting, in the hope
that Donald or someone can see what the problem is.

Please note the entertaining part where the diag says:
 ***WARNING***: No MII transceivers found!

And yet the driver says:
eth0:  MII transceiver found at MDIO address 1, config 1000 status 782d

So, we are scratching our heads a bit..
BTW, just to get the diag to run we had to patch a bit, see yesterdays
posting on this topic..

Best regards,

  Maurice W. Hilarius             NEW!  Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
  Hard Data Ltd.                  NEW!  FAX:       01-780-456-9772
  11060 - 166 Avenue                    email:maurice@harddata.com
  Edmonton, AB, Canada  - T5X 1Y3       http://www.harddata.com