Tue Feb 9 12:25:39 1999
Just to report our performance with Steve Huang's Lite On patches
for the tulip driver.
We used tulip.c v0.89H as this came with our RH5.2 boot disk,
and the patches (which came as context diff's only) seemed applicable.
(I took at look at current version 0.90 drivers and they seem to have
diverged from the code against which the diffs were generated and I
didn't feel that lucky)
Anyway to cut a long story to the short I performed the
netperf tests that were posted by Doug Eadline and we got
the following results.
I would like to add that prior to our fix, we had the ~70% of
"real" tulip performance as others have indicated. We are now
up to something "respectable" and this should do us until Donald
Becker incorporates such changes into "standard" driver.
we have been happy with the 0.89H driver and I hope that this stability
is maintained with "the Fix"
Just thought I would report our findings.
NetGear FA310TX Lite On PNIC 169 revision
netperf-2.1pl3 (default build)
switched via Baystack 450
(Celeron 300A's running at 450)
roc9 netperf-2.1pl3: ./netperf -t UDP_STREAM -p 12865 -n 2 -l 60 -H roc10 -- -s 65535 -m 1472
UDP UNIDIRECTIONAL SEND TEST to roc10
Socket Message Elapsed Messages
Size Size Time Okay Errors Throughput
bytes bytes secs # # 10^6bits/sec
131070 1472 60.00 468861 0 92.03
65535 60.00 468861 92.03
roc9 netperf-2.1pl3: ./netperf -t TCP_STREAM -p 12865 -n 2 -l 60 -H roc10
TCP STREAM TEST to roc10
Recv Send Send
Socket Socket Message Elapsed
Size Size Size Time Throughput
bytes bytes bytes secs. 10^6bits/sec
65535 65535 65535 60.01 90.53
Protein Structure Group v: (+44) 1904 434521
Department of Chemistry f: (+44) 1904 410519
University of York e: firstname.lastname@example.org
YORK, YO1 5DD, UK