DEC-Chip made by Intel ?

Bob Drzyzgula bob@drzyzgula.org
Mon Feb 8 08:54:47 1999

In fact, yes. They went to Intel along with the
StrongARM, the PCI bridges and the Alpha manufacturing
rights. Dig^H^H^HCompaq maintains the the ownership
of the Alpha architecture while Intel got the fab;
the other chip lines Intel got lock, stock and
barrel. [Sorry for the idiom.]

--Bob

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 11:14:42AM +0100, Thomas Krause wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got a new Kingston KNE100TX. My Kingston-Dealer said
> there is an Intel-Chip on it. What I see on the chip is:
>
> 21143-PD
> DC1096B
> S 9842 JK3382
> INTEL (M)(C) 1997
>
> So, the DEC-Chips now produced by Intel?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas.

Bob Drzyzgula                             It's not a problem
bob@drzyzgula.org                until something bad happens