Problems with LinkSys 10/100 cards

Brian Denheyer briand@deldotd.com
Fri Feb 5 12:11:26 1999

    Douglas> I assume this is with the patched driver.

Negative - I'm using "stock" 0.90k.  Which version did you test with ?

    Douglas> With netperf I get 95-96 Mbit/sec with both UDP and TCP.
    Douglas> With netpipe it seems to top about at about 91 Mbit/s

Oh great....  I'm seeing about 66 for UDP and *30* for TCP. netpipe
can cause problems, as I've said, but when it works all the way
through I see about 66.

You don't see any of the oversized ethernet frame erros ?

What did you use for an upper limit on netpipe ?

Can you give me more info about system configuration ?  Compared to
the performance you are seeing something's definitely wrong in my
system here, so I need to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks a lot for running the test.

Brian