2.2.11 and tulip.c issues

Aron Griffis agriffis@zk3.dec.com
Thu Aug 19 16:59:12 1999

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Unfortunately, if the ioport doesn't shift I'm going to guess that the
> patch doesn't help.  Its beginning to sound more like some kernel
> resource is overlapping -- perhaps a memory-mapped region?  -- with the
> X server.  Because I've used the tulip driver for a long time with many
> cards, I'd like to think that it isn't the NIC driver but is more likely
> a bug in the X server.
>
> Sorry, I wish I could help more, but it sounds like you're going to have
> to get more information to proceed.  Check to be sure that the memory
> regions assigned to each device (but especially the VGA card and NIC)
> are not overlapping (/proc/ioports).  Maybe somebody else on the list(s)
> has a better idea.

Thanks for the attention to the problem, Robert.  I consulted with the
guy here that wrote the tulip driver for Tru64, and he made some
recommendations, none of which changed the behavior I'd been seeing.
He mentioned, though, that the Trio64 card was never supported on the
Miatas, partially because of conflicts with other devices.  At the
moment I'm going to take a Mach64 for a spin and see if that changes
things.

Thanks,
Aron Griffis

--
Aron Griffis            Compaq Computer Corporation, ZKO3-3/T30
Tru64 Hardware Support  110 Spitbrook Rd, Nashua, NH  03062