tulip fast ethernet

Alex Mahiva alex@africaland.com
Thu Aug 19 05:09:35 1999

I have a Tulip Vision Line dt 5/166 Machine which has been partitioned to
run Redhat Linux release 5.2 apollo kernel 2.0.36 and windows NT 4 with 16mb
ram. I installed a Tulip fast ethernet controller and hooked it  on to a LAN
it works fine in NT mode.The problem comes in when it comes to Linux.
I used the tulip driver under the network settings,during the shut down and
restart there were this errors.
modprobe:can't locate module eth0
eth0:unknown interface
I downloaded the driver tulip.c from ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov......
followed the instructions but I was getting the following errors
-f invalid option
/usr/include/linux/version.h invalid directory
If -f option is ommited the invalid directory error appears but the tulip.c
is compiled to tulip.o I still carry on with insmod tulip.o then test it by
pinging my gateway and other machines on the network but no luck even after
restarting.
Help me out am still new to the linux world and would like to test Linux on
our Enterprise

Says Alex