v0.91 driver released for testing

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 19 02:28:05 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Shigehiro Nomura wrote:

> > The tulip-diag program uses the following code to detect the larger
> > EEPROM, but I don't consider it reliable:
> According to Fig.8-7 "Read Operation" in "21143 Hardware Reference
> Manual rev1.0", Dout becomes to L when A0 bit is fed.
> (Dout is CSR9 bit 3)
> In my system, Dout is H while command phase and address phase(A5..A1).
> And Dout is L when the last of address phase(A0).
> Can we use this feature to measure the length of address ?

Yes!

I thought I had tested this technique when the 21143-TD CardBus cards first
appeared, and concluded that it didn't work.
But I tested it again today with a modified version of tulip-diag, and it
worked as you described.

I now suspect that I tested it improperly.
I'll work on a cleaned-up version of the EEPROM-read code this week.

[[ I'll be at a conference for the whole week, but I'm taking a collection
of CardBus cards with me.  That means I can't fix any non-21143 problems,
especially PNIC media selection, but I'll have plenty of time to test EEPROM
reads and suspend/resume.]]

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html