No subject

KOGAN_VADIM KOGAN_VADIM@student.smc.edu
Thu Apr 8 12:14:22 1999

First of all, it seems to me that there are 2 different pc cards from Intel:
CardBus and CardBus II. The first one (the
  one I have) is Tulip-based and the second one seems to be Speedo3-based.

  Now the problem (sorry, can't send from notebook now, so not many logs).

  The card lives on TI 1220 PCI-to-CardBus.
  CIS is read Ok.
  I'm using tulip.c v.90z

  a) the driver says it found "Digital DS21143 Tulip rev 48 at 0x400"

  b) it doesn't find EEPROM ("EEPROM not present").
  I dumped ee_data and got something like this:
  868000100 87000000 00000000 00000000
  c40000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
  000000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
  000000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
  000000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
  000000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
  000000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
  000000000 00000000 00000000 00004844

  c) tulip-diag doesn't find MII at all :-(

  d) I see bunch of
  eth0: 21243 negotiation status 000000c6, <...>
  eth0: Tx hung, 12 vs 9.
  (or 20 vs. 11.)

  eth0: 21140 transmi timed out, status f0260000, SIA 000000c6 ffff0000
ffffffff 8ff00000, resetting...
  eth0: the transmitter stopped. CSR5 is ffffffff, CSR6 ffffffff, new CSR6
38600000. (or 38600200)

  Starting from today evening I'm ready to fsck the damn thing in any
suggested way ;-).
  BTW, I also have 16 bit Intel card now (it lives w/ xirc2ps_cs). So if
there is something that needs to be looked up
  on other Intel card (not CardBus though :(), I can do that too.

  All ideas/suggestion/etc are welcomed and appreciated :-)

  Vadim.