install help

Wayne Thompson mewayne@pacbell.net
Wed Sep 16 08:23:25 1998

Hi,

I can't get my Netgear FA 310tx to to work with my desktop.  The same
model
card works fine with my laptop.  I am running 2.0.33 and the diag output
is:

tulip-diag -f -a -e -m
tulip-diag.c:v1.04 8/10/98 Donald Becke (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)
Chip Index #1: Found a DC21140 Tulip cad at PCI bus 0, device 11 I/O
0xfc00.
Digital DS21140 Tulip chip egisters at 0xfc00:
  ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
ffffffff
  ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
ffffffff
 The Rx pocess state is '(null)'.
 The Tx pocess state is 'Closing Tx descriptor'.
  PCI bus eror!: Unknown 7.
Tansmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.
 The tansmit unit is set to store-and-forward.
 Pot selection is 100mbps-SYM/PCS 100baseTx scrambler, full-duplex.
 This inteface is missing the EEPROM.
  This is likely the non-pimary interface on a multiport board.
 ***WARNING***: No MII tansceivers found!

Any ideas?

Wayne