interface dies under network load on SMP machines

Jon Lewis jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net
Thu Sep 3 15:02:44 1998

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Frank Koenen wrote:

> "Wonder if this might be a problem outside the tulip driver?"

I used to have this problem with SMC Ultra Elite16T cards (8390 +
smc-ultra driver), and upgraded the affected system to a tulip card
perhaps a year ago and have not seen it happen since.  The system is a
dual P150.

> In my case, doing an ifconfig up/down does not always correct the
> problem.

It did in my case.  ifconfig down/up that is.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.