Linksys PCI Card on Redhat 5.1

Cliff Kotnik cos.kotnik@mci2000.com
Tue Oct 27 08:39:31 1998

--------------CAFB5DF251EC009D72CD86FC

I looking for suggestions on debugging a problem with
a Linksys PNIC based 10/100 PCI card on Redhat 5.1
with the 2.0.35 kernel.

I downloaded the tulip driver ver 0.89H.  I also tried the
tulip driver which came from Redhat (0.88).

During boot the card is found as reported in dmesg:
tulip.c:v0.89H 5/23/98 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
eth0: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC at 0x6100, 00 a0 cc 30 c7 10, IRQ 9.

Howerver, the network initialization script fails on the
ifconfig step with:
* SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

Later, dmesg contains repeated messages:
eth0: transmit timed out, status 02001102, CSR12 0000000d, resetting...

I looked through several months of archive emails for the tulip dirver
mailing list.
 A number of people are reporting success with this Redhat version and
other manufacturer's cards.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Cliff Kotnik
cos.kotnik@mci2000.com