Fwd: Macronix Card MX98713AFX, 9804 ...

yoyo llestat@ibm.net
Fri Oct 23 22:21:55 1998

I'm sending this on to everyone in the hopes that someone has any idea as to
what may be going wrong.

Subject: Macronix Card MX98713AFX, 9804 ...
Date: Fri Oct 23 22:21:55 1998

Been having a difficult time getting the tulip driver to recognize my network
card. The card is manufactured by National DataCom corp. and uses the Macronix
chipset combination.  I was hoping you could provide some insight as to whats
going wrong since your the only one on the mailing list that seems to having a
good understanding of this chip.  What is really puzzeling is that the tech
support for the card actually told me the Linux drivers work for the card.
Attached are my boot.log, debug.log, and system log along with the tulip-diag
output for my card. I'm running Debian 2.0 kernel 2.0.34. Ive used a shared irq
and an exclusive irq for the card. I really appreciate any help you could offer
I've really tried to figure this out on my own but have gotten nowhere. I tried
the latest version of the tulip driver .90 and it still did not work . On boot
the eprom dump looks correct but the diag shows something different. the
transmit receive leds are off and I've tried to ping another machine with no
results.  Again any insight you may be able to provide is appreciated.

Thank you Much
Richard Reyes
llestat@ibm.net