Fixed IRQ problem with Netgear FA310TX

David david@kalifornia.com
Tue Nov 24 19:16:51 1998

Reply to mail from Erik H. Beck about Fixed IRQ problem with Netgear FA310TX
-----------------
> driver for this card as well as the tulip cards. Thanks also to the
> folks who wrote me and let me know that PCI IRQ sharing really isn't a
> good idea under Linux.

Hmm.  I've always had great luck with IRQ sharing.  I have two servers
that share all the time and do an extensive amount of PCI bus activity.

I do run 2.1.xxx however.

I found that my issues with the PCI cards stemmed a lot from the order in
which they existed.  It is quite true that some don't like sharing with
certain others.  Finding this is pretty quick, it generally happens on
boot.

It's neat seeing 3 and more devices sharing an IRQ and everything working
well.  Now if I can just convince certain cards to work in the bus
mastering slots...and yes, i'm implying some tulips amongst others ;)

-d
--
  Look, Windows 98  Buy, lemmings, buy!  MCSE, Must Consult Someone Experienced
__ (c) 1998 David Ford.  Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited