Linksys Cardbus Card

Greg LaPolla GLapolla@Linksys.com
Fri Nov 6 12:15:18 1998

For those of you having problems with the Linksys Cardbus Card, The
following is the problem and I am working  with Don and our engineers to
remedy the situation.

The address line of EEPROM in PCMPC200 was changed from 6 bit to 8 bit.
Because
the network controller chip DEC 21143 had a rev change from TC TD.

The newer chip needs a different EEPROM size ( switched from a 6 bit address
to an 8 bit address) The 21143 TC or TD can be detected by reading
PCMPC200's PCI configuration registers offset 8, to get the Revision Number
and Step Number.

Offset 8 bit0 -- bit3: Step Number
	   bit4 -- bit7: Revision Number.

For 21143 Rev TC and PC the value is 0x30  <-----  Older version
For 21143 Rev TD and PD the value is 0x41  <-----  Newer version

Only use the Revision Number, Because the Step Number may change at any
time.

BTW I have seen a lot of comments about Vendors changing from the tulip
chip, this is because the Tulip chip is being phased out and most likely by
the end of the year it will be gone.

This is due the the Digital-Compaq-Intel Merges earlier this year.