LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 LAN Card

Jon Lewis jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net
Thu Nov 5 16:45:15 1998

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, David Rose wrote:

> I spent half an hour pulling boards out of my machine before I
> remembered I'd disabled the OS Plug-and-Play support through the BIOS.

Interesting.  One of the quad tulip systems I built this week was one of
the new Asus super socket7 boards with an Intel 233MMX CPU.  I'd initially
turned off the BIOS "plug & play OS" setting.  It worked fine for
installation of RH 5.2 over the network with a single Netgear installed.
After installation, when I slapped the other 3 boards in, none worked.
The tulip.o module loaded and saw the cards, but they did not receive
packets.  Turning on the "plug & play OS" BIOS setting fixed it.  What
exactly does that BIOS setting do?

---dont't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  to get the job done.
______http://inorganic5.fdt.net/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key________