status 02261000 with EtherFast 10/100 ??

Stefan G. Berg sgberg@cs.washington.edu
Mon Jul 20 14:37:23 1998

(was Re: DLINK DFE530TX a bad card?)

Thanks to everybody who told me that my DFE530TX is not tulip. I
returned these cards and got the LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 LAN
Card that is supported in the latest tulip build.

I am pretty happy with this so far, I have three machines and a
LinkSys Fast Ethernet 5-Port Workgroup Hub (100MHz only).

My one problem though is that I sometimes get an

eth0: transmit timed out, status 02261000, CSR12 00000036,
   resetting...

error message. When that happens, the network doesn't work at
all. Usually I have been able to fix this problem by rebooting a
few times, but its like a random thing. Either it works after a
boot or it doesn't. This seems to be a sporadic problem happening
occasionally after rebooting and it usually affects only one
machine (i.e. the others work fine). I never had Win95/98 have
any network problems. All my machines dual boot between Win9x and
Linux and I have the same network cards in all of them.

Any ideas? I don't even know where this problem lies, HUB?,
card?, driver?

Thanks to everyone with some ideas.

Stefan