Alpha multia nic problems

John Keimel john@mint.net
Tue Jul 14 10:55:41 1998

--BMVVzbSWLtt+g7M9

Have a alpha Multia, running on an install of RH 5.1. Trying to rebuild
the kernel so that it supports the supposed 'tulip' on board chip inside
it, causes the machine to register dump while attempting to laod the
eth0 driver. We've tried this with the .89, .83 and .79 revisions of the
tulip driver.=20

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?=20

BTW, we have another 'identical' machine, which runs fine on the .79
driver. The only real difference is that the other machine is running
2.0.32, while this one is using 2.0.34 source.

Hope this is anough info for someone to go on. If not, let me know.
Thanks!=20
--=20

                              John Keimel
                         Office:  1-800-681-MINT