NetGear FA310TX Problems

Dave dsl@zai.com
Wed Dec 2 01:18:44 1998

I encountered a similar problem when I tried to compile the patched version 89k that I got from the www.Netgear.baynetworks.com site. I then tried thier alternate suggestion of copying tulip.c into the linux/drivers/net directory and setting the kernel configuration to build the tulip driver as a module. This worked with the 2.1.130 kernel, and the resulting tulip.o module worked, establishing a 100 MB/s full-duplex connection. I was also able to build tulip.o is a separate directory by using the same gcc command that the kernel makefile had produced.

I plan to try the same test with the 2.0.36 kernel. I'll post the results when they are available.

Dave