depmod returns unresolved symbols

Charles Galpin cgalpin@lighthouse-software.com
Wed Dec 2 01:14:49 1998

Hi

I'm trying to compile in tulip support for my cardbus ethernet card, but
have hit a stumbling block.

kernel 2.0.35
pcmcia-c-3.0.6
tulip.c v0.90

After making and installing , depmod -ae returns this error

/lib/modules/2.0.35/pcmcia/pcnet_cs.o: unresolved symbol(s)
	ei_open
	ethdev_init
	ei_debug
	NS8390_init

I can't find where these are defined. How do I get these linked in?

also, if I try and insmod tulip_cb.o, I get these unresolved symbols
tulip_cb.o: unresolved symbol unregister_driver
tulip_cb.o: unresolved symbol register_driver

I have noticed that it looks like tulip.c v0.90 was compiled against
pcmcia-c-3.0.5 - do I need to downgrade?

any help appreciated
Charles

-- Charles Galpin   <cgalpin@lighthouse-software.com>