[scyld-users] Beoboot failure

Gardner Pomper gardner at networknow.org
Fri Jan 27 14:43:54 PST 2006

I am trying to get my test Scyld cluster up. I have Scyld v29cz running on
my head node, and I am trying to get one slave node booting from a CD. The
slave finds the master, and is assigned an IP address, but it fails with the
following error:

Boot information received for interface eth0 from RARP:
  Assigned IP address: /
  Server:  boot file '/var/beowulf/boot.img'
  BProc master port 2223,
  VMA server port 1556, protocol tcp.
boot: installing module "kmonte"
connect: no route to host
Boot image download failure: numerical result ouf of range

I hope I got all this right, because it automatically clears the screen and
reboots after 5 seconds and I haven't found a way to stop it.

- Gardner