[scyld-users] Please help, slave node will not boot.

Derek Plessinger djplessinger at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 12 18:10:15 PST 2005

Hi, I hope you can help.  Let me first say that I am
new to clustering and linux.  I sucessfully installed
scyld on the master and it start's with no errors.  I
then boot up a node using the cd, sometimes it
displays sending rarp requests and other times it says
code at the bottom and displays random letters and
numbers on the screen.  On the master the mac address
appears from the node, I move it to the middle column
and click apply, next the network connection on the
beostatus goes up for a couple of seconds like both
computers are communicating then it goes back to 1kbps
and the node just shows the status of down and nothing
else.  I then forced the daemons to restart by typing
/sbin/service beowulf restart.  Everything says ok
except for it says
Setting Up libraries:
find: /usr/lib/libgmpi.so.1: No such file or directory
Please help.