[scyld-users] beostat error

Shaohui Liu sliu at pipeline.com
Wed May 28 14:08:00 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am running a cluster of 9 nodes with OS:

Linux beowulf1 2.2.19-12.beo #1 Tue Jul 17 17:10:45 EDT 2001 i686 unknown

I have been able to compile and run a benchmark program under parallel
mode. With a command like bpsh -n 0 vmstat, I could see the benchmark is
running under different nodes. But I could not see any change on
BeoStatus monitoring window. Plus, the monitoring window only shows CPU
and memory for three nodes.
Running command beostat, I could get output for three nodes, which are
the same nodes on the monitoring window.
I have set
    export NP=10
    and
    export ALL_CPUS=1 in login console, I did not see any change.
Running beomap command shows
-1:0:1:2:3:4:5:6:7
.

Plus, by starting beostatus from login console, after a while, I could
see some errors msg like:
BeoStat library CPU count call failed: Too many open files

Can anyone help me this?

Thanks in advance

Shaohui Liu