[realtek] the rtl8139 didn't write une receive ring.

jerome.barotin jerome.barotin at laposte.net
Thu Jun 16 02:38:41 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm in work placement and I'm porting the driver in a
propryetary OS from the linux driver (2.2 kernel version).
I've got a problem in the implementation of the receive ring.
After the reception of few packet (about 16 of 110 byte length
each), I lost a packet :
The chip increment the Buffer read pointer (CAPR). But there
is nothing  writing in the ring (just some zero). I think is a
parameter which is not well set for DMA. But I try to change
the value of DMA burst but it doesn't change the result.

Is somebody can give me a way to resolve my problem ?

Jerome