[realtek] 8139too and rtl8139

Karl Bellve Karl.Bellve at umassmed.edu
Tue Jun 22 09:30:12 PDT 2004

 From the 8139too driver I get the following errors reported during
large transfers..
eth0: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0040.
eth0: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0041.

But, from a recent rtl8139 driver, the network just drops out during
large transfers.
"rtl8139.c:v1.24 11/13/2003 Donald Becker, becker at scyld.com.

I would like to track down this problem. It only started really after I
upraded from RH8.0 to RH9.

I seem to remember loosing the network with some early drivers, like
pre1.06 but that was a long time ago.

--
Cheers,

Karl Bellve, Ph.D.                   ICQ # 13956200
Biomedical Imaging Group             TLCA# 7938
University of Massachusetts
Email: Karl.Bellve at umassmed.edu
Phone: (508) 856-6514
Fax:   (508) 856-1840