AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: [realtek] RTL8101L/BL Support

Markus Wössner m.woessner@woessner-it.de
Wed Jan 29 10:17:01 2003

Donald,

Thank you for your kind assistance.
Looks like I stole your time :-(

For the information of you and the other members of this list, I will
describe the solution of the problem:

On a mainboard with a onboard RLT8101L the NIC refused to work.
The solution was simple - for some reason the NIC did not like getting
IRQ12.
Obviously this chip IS supported.

Switching ON legacy mouse support in BIOS made IRQ 12 unavailable for
the NIC and fixed the problem.

What I do not know, is, if this is a BIOS bug or a kernel bug in
2.4.20...

With best regards,
Markus Woessner