[realtek] Compiling errors with rtl8139.c

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon Feb 17 12:28:01 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Rival wrote:

> I'm trying to install my network card on a slackware 8.1 machine and get
> quite a lot of errors while compiling. I've attached the output to this
> message. Does anyone know what the hell this all means, and how I can fix
> it? The command I use is:
> gcc -DCARDBUS -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c
> rtl8139.c -o fethcb_cb.o -Iusr/include/pcmcia
> which is pretty standard I think..

Not at all standard!
Where did you get the driver source code, and that compile command?

> Because the moderator doesn't like attaching I've added a few of the errors
> here. These are only the first few, there were 1300 and some more errors in
> total.

The reason for prohibiting MIME encoding and HTML email (and therefore
attachments) is that it makes the digest mode and archives unreadable.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993