[realtek] Resource allocation errors

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sun Nov 24 22:32:35 2002

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Daemion . wrote:

> I'm running Debian with a 2.2.20-idepci kernel.  (dist is Woody)
>
> If I set the network card to use the rtl8139.o driver it comes up with
> errors to say that resources have not been allocated to it (IRQs & stuff).

What kind of card?
PCI?  CardBus?  MiniPCI?

> I have run the rtl8139-diag program and it says the same thing.  Its
> recommendation is to disable PnP in the BIOS.
>
> I'm running a Compaq Armada 100s laptop,

Ahhh, then this is very unlikely to be a normal PCI NIC.
My guess is that it is CardBus.  If so, the CardBus bridge control code
should allocate the IRQ.

If it is MiniPCI, the simplest answer may be to run the 2.4 kernel.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993