[realtek] Resource allocation errors

Daemion . daemi0n@hotmail.com
Sun Nov 24 14:47:00 2002

Hi there,
I'm running Debian with a 2.2.20-idepci kernel.  (dist is Woody)

If I set the network card to use the rtl8139.o driver it comes up with
errors to say that resources have not been allocated to it (IRQs & stuff).

I have run the rtl8139-diag program and it says the same thing.  Its
recommendation is to disable PnP in the BIOS.

I'm running a Compaq Armada 100s laptop, and there is NO part in the BIOS to
disable PnP.  (I never was really that keen on Compaqs, but got this one on
a good deal)

Any suggestions?  Unfortunately, in order to update the laptop's Linux
software, I need to be able to network it to the router.  =\