[realtek] Tx/Rx disabled on RTL8139C card

Thaddeus Miller thaddeus_miller@yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 14:09:02 2002

Hi there.  I installed the rtl8139 module and my
network card (D-Link DFE-530TX+) still won't talk.
What's interesting is that the diag tool is showing
that the flow control is disabled.  How do I enable it
and why is it turned off?  Then I attempt "ifup eth0",
it hangs for a bit then fails.  In the messages file
is a DHCP timeout message.

I've got the board install on an older mobo with a PII
CPU (is this a BIOS issue perhaps?).  I'm running RH
7.2 and the 2.4.7-10 kernel.

Thanks,
Tad

[root@240121 tadm]#  ./rtl8139-diag aem
rtl8139-diag.c:v2.10 9/18/2002 Donald Becker
(becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a D-Link DFE-530TX+ (RealTek RTL8139C)
adapter at 0xf800.
Realtek station address 00:05:5d:34:d5:72, chip type
'rtl8139C'.
  Receiver configuration: Reception disabled
     Rx FIFO threshold 16 bytes, maximum burst 16
bytes, 8KB ring
  Transmitter disabled with normal settings, maximum
burst 16 bytes.
  Flow control: Tx disabled  Rx disabled.
  The chip configuration is 0x10 0x0f, MII half-duplex
mode.
  No interrupt sources are pending.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed
contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

=====