[realtek] D-Link DFE530TX+ problem

Thaddeus Miller thaddeus_miller@yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 12:23:03 2002

Hi there.  I installed one of these boards on my
RH7.2/win98 dualboot machine about 6-8 months ago
without a problem using the 8139too module on the
Linux side. I'm building a new machine using RH7.2 and
so I decided to get the same board.  The new board
didn't work though.  I swapped my old board in and
that one worked fine.  The new one failed on the old
machine as well. I exchanged the board and the new one
fails the same way.

It's setting up correctly, but it fails to talk to the
DHCP server.

My question is, has the board changed significantly
enough in the past few months where it wouldn't work
if I swapped it into an existing system using the same
board?

I plan on trying the diags and the rtl8139 module
later, but I wanted to throw this out there and see if
anyone else had experienced this sort of problem. I
find it hard to believe that 2 boards would both be
bad.

Thanks,
Tad

=====