[realtek] RTL8139C gets stuck with Abnormal Interrupt / Oversized Frame errors

Vladimir I. hazard@francoudi.com
Sun Nov 17 09:07:00 2002

Donald Becker wrote about "Re: [realtek] RTL8139C gets stuck with Abnormal Interrupt / Oversized Frame errors":

> > get very high. The CPU is really loaded during these moments as
> > it's busy polling PCMCIA card (it doesn't support bus master).
>
> Hmmm, that traffic level shouldn't cause this problem!  You should check
> out what is going on to load the CPU -- I suspect that the wireless card
> device driver is disabling interrupt for a long time.

The wireless driver (hostap) loads the system about 40% when
doing transfers of large packets (moving packets to and from the
card takes a lot of time). The CPU utilization gets closer to
100% with small packets.

> This was addressed with the following change:

> revision 1.35
> date: 2002/10/05 17:24:00;  author: becker;  state: Exp;  lines: +66 -40
> rtl8139.c:v1.21 10/5/2002

Great, I will try it.

--
Best Regards,