[realtek] Problems with CardBus RTL8139

stephan elsner elsni@elsni.de
Wed Jan 23 17:37:01 2002

Hello!
I am was trying to get my rtl8139 based card to work, but I had no luck.
I compiled and installed all the drivers.
System: Sony Vaio PCG N-505x
Kernel 2.4.4-4GB (SuSE 7.2)

The boot messages (summerized - I cannot paste the text here, because the
network card doesn't work ;-):
Starting PCMCIA [...] version 3.1.25
socket 0: Best Data RTL8139B
executing 'modprobe cb_enabler'
executing 'modprobe pci-scan'
-> can't locate module
-> Kernel-module-version mismatch (this kernel 2.4.4-4GB)
(the module seems to be found in a second attempt, and it seems to be loaded
in spite of the errors)
the same with: cb_shim and rtl8139 (no such device)

---

lspci -v sais:
[...]

00:0c.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c475 (rev 80)
Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 8061
[...]

01:00.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139 Flags: fast devsel

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Stephan Elsner