[realtek] insmod io/irq error on rtl8139.o

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Jan 17 17:47:51 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Stanley Major wrote:

> I am trying to get my network card set up correctly under Red Hat Linux 7.2.
> I've compiled pci-scan.c and rtl8139.c.
> insmod pci-scan.o  worked, however,
> insmod rtl8139.o produces the following message:
>    rtl8139.o: init_module: No such device

This means that a matching PCI ID was not found.
What is the ID of your card (/proc/pci or run 'lspci -v').

>    Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

This is a bogus, misleading message.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993