[realtek] rtl8139 CardBus driver

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon Feb 18 15:32:00 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Laurens Vets wrote:

> I've compiled the rtl8139.c cardbus driver, and then insmodded rtl8139,
> cb_shim, cb_enabler and pci-scan. Everything lists fine when I do lsmod.
> But when I try to add the device using "ifconfig eth0" I get the
> following answer:
> eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

Three points
  You should compile the rtl8139 driver _without_ -DCARDBUS.
  You should have the table entries from
    http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html
  You should let the PCMCIA code load the modules.  Loading them by hand
    will not work, since they must interact with the PCMCIA code to
  provide resources (memory mapping, IRQ) for the device.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993