[realtek] Problems with Realtek8139C under linux

Sergey Yevtushenko sergey@intellektik.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Feb 8 05:30:01 2002

I recently bought a laptop and installed Suse linux 7.3 on it. Laptop
has built-in network card, which linux identifies as Realtek 8139C. The
problem is, that network doesn't start, if I'm doing cold start under
linux. But network works properly, if I cold boot Win2K, and after that
reboot under linux.
In var/log/messages in case of unsuccessful reboot appears message:
 PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:05.0. Please try
using pci=biosirq.

How can I fix the problems with network card ?
(I have  seen messages, where some people proposed to change operating
system setting in BIOS. Unfortunately, i don't have this type of setting
in bios).

Thank you in advance.
Sergey Yevtushenko