[realtek] 8139C transmit timeout problems

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Dec 13 22:26:01 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, magenta wrote:

> Hi, I'm having the well-known "interrupt line blocked" problem with an
> RTL8139D card.  I've read all of the mailinglist archives and Google hits
> and everything, and none of the suggestions have worked.  I have tried all
> of the following:
> - Sacrificing a baby virgin chicken-goat hybrid and dancing naked under the
>   pale moonlight while reciting "Jabberwocky" backwards, both phonetically
>   and word-wise

I'm glad to hear that you fixed the problem.

As you have now figured out, it's very difficult to verify that
chicken-goat hybrids are still virgins, especially when you buy the
"free range" variety.

For the second interface, read the manual to verify that the slots do
not share bus master lines.  If they cheat on the spec by doing this the
slots are individually bus-master capable, but you obviously cannot use
two bus master cards at once.

Oh, and the glow in the dark stickers on your ceiling do not substitute as
"pale moonlight", but an array of old radium watch dials will work in a
pinch.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993