Partial success (Re: [realtek] on-board rtl8139 fails.)

matze matze <matze@indymedia.org>
Sun Dec 8 12:05:02 2002

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

i had almost the same problem with a realtek cardbus nic and the
interrupt routing. after installing the acpi patch from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi stuff is working fine.

matze

El Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 12:13:41PM +0100 Jarl Friis ha dit:

> Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> writes:
>=20
> > On 7 Dec 2002, Jarl Friis wrote:
> >=20
> > > I installed windows on another partition, realised that it used IRQ
> > > 10, actually it have not assigned IRQ to *anything* at all, I shut the
> > > machine down.
>=20
> Sorry a typo gave screwed up the message, I meant "actually [Windows XP] =
have
> not assigned IRQ 9 to *anything* at all"
>=20
> Which seems like it is aware of error-prone IRQ 9
>=20
> > >=20
> > > changed some settings in BIOS
> > > changed "Installed OS" from "Windows XP" to "DOS" whatever that means.
> >=20
> > It likely changes the format of the IRQ mapping table.
> >=20
> I may try upgrading the BIOS...
>=20
> Do you have any URLs explaining issues like "format of the IRQ
> mapping table"?
>=20
> > > Now it uses IRQ 10 as Windows XP, and it works...
> > > even with the default prebuilt binary kernel and modules...
> > >=20
> > > So Now I am curious:
> > > Is it possible that "IRQ 9" is broken somehow???
> >=20
> > Yes, or the table format from the BIOS isn't correct.
>=20
> Do you have any URLs describing this problem/issue and what to do
> about it?
>=20
> I really appreciate your help. Thanks
>=20
> Jarl
>=20
>=20

--=20
* usando software libre / Debian GNU/Linux *

matze[AT]indymedia.org    |   http://barcelona.indymedia.org
matze[AT]sindominio.net   |   http://sindominio.net/kernelpanic
			=09
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-keys B9A88F6F A41D361B

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--