[realtek] rtl8139

Jerry Human jerrbear@ameritech.net
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:36:19 -0500

Hi:

I am new to Linux and installed Red Hat 7.0 Respin from CD and rtl8139
on two Pentium PCI computers with a 10/100 hub. I am attempting to
install the driver for the rtl8139 but I keep running into problems.

First is I have not compiled anything and don't know how to and I'm not
familiar with C or C++. Can someone direct me to the relevant procedure?

Second is the gcc/kgcc thing. I understand the original RH 7.0 release
was very buggy but the second release, Respin, was supposed to correct
most of that. Does anyone know if the Respin release included the
correct gcc and header files?

Third, where do I go from here? How can I verify I have the correct
software in place and correct method to proceed?

Thank you.