[realtek] RealTek 8139 -- problem forcing 10baseT

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ingar_=D8yahals?= ingar@kvalito.no
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:10:35 +0100

Hi,

I'm having problems using my RealTek 8139-baced NIC with a 10baseT-based
switch.

The situation is this:

Catalyst 1900 10mbps-FD <-------------> rtl8139

The catalyst switch does not support autonegotiate and is constant 10 mbps
full duplex.
I'm running linux slack 2.2.16-kernel using v-1.13 of the rtl-driver.
I've compiled 'mii-diag' with both 'libmii' and 'libflash'

Problem is, that I can't force 10baseT using mii-diag;

--
root@cs:~/src/driver/diag# ./mii-diag -F 10baseT eth0
Setting the speed to "fixed", Control register 0100.

One final question; how do I determine the speed the NIC is operating at?
Anyone out there who could help me?

Sincerly,
Ingar Oyahals
Kvalito IT AS