[realtek] hp pavilion XL workstation

Yao Wang ywangz@eecs.umich.edu
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:42:43 -0500 (EST)

Hello, all,

I have a HP pavilion XL box that comes with win98, I tried to put RH linux
on linux. The net card (from TCP-IP of win98) is hp en1207d. This was
probed as rtl8139 and the module loading was successful, however, the
ifconfig will lead to some RESOUCE BUSY error. I tried to use the most
recent rtl8138.c from scyld.com but this time, the RESOURCE BUSY error
occured even during the insmod process.

Does anyone happen to have some experience with 1207d card on HP board.

I had similar problems a long time ago with some wd8013 card, I think I
fixed by replacing it with a 3com card that works on another box. This
time, however, the mainboard seems fixated with the 1207d card.

any suggestion is welcome.

thanks a lot

--yao