[realtek] cardbus rtl8139 problem HELP!

rudy.zijlstra@philips.com rudy.zijlstra@philips.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:32:50 +0200

Hi all,

I received my laptop with an E-TECH rtl8139 based PCMCIA card. I've tried adding the rtl8139 driver from Becker to the pcmcia base.

It get loaded now, but does not recognise the card. Cardmgr tells me a pci device number that equals the pci device numbers in the driver sources.

relevant versions:

kernel 2.2.19, no patches
rtl8139 version 1.12
most recent pcmcia package (3.1.26)

Either i've made an error in compiling or the driver does not recognize the card.

I compiled with: -D__KERNEL__ -DCARDBUS -I/usr/src/linux/include/linux -I/usr/src/pcmcia/include (and other switches)

Is it enough to do only -DCARDBUS?

Any other suggestion? Any help much appreciated.

met groet / Regards

Rudy Zijlstra
Philips DVS PS
DOCSIS Test