[realtek] Re: Only 10Mbit ?

b42 asd54@gmx.at
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:52:47 +0200

Hello

here  is my test scenario

The linux-pc : Pentium 100MHz, 32MB RAM, Intel HX Chipset, HDD 40GB Maxtor UDMA
Windows-pc : Thunderbird 1GHz, 256MB, 20GB Maxtor UDMA HDD

first test : copying one file from linux-computer to windows-computer using
samba. cpu load 85 %; memory 29MB used, 700kB free; swap 13MB used, 70MB free
         copy-speed 14MBit/sec

second test :  copying one file from linux-proftp to win.  40% cpu usage,
memory- and swap-usage like in the first test.
         copy-speed 6-8 MBit/s