[realtek] RTL8139 w/ 2.4.5

Aaron D. Marasco Aaron@Marasco.com
Sat, 02 Jun 2001 12:08:15 -0400

Hi all,

   I was wondering if it is possible at all to get RTL8139 (Becker) into
2.4.5? I used to have big problems (about a year ago, kernel 2.2.x) with
large file transfers (big problems = total lockup) and then a new rtl8139
came out that fixed it. With the 2.4.x kernel, I'm stuck with this 8139too
which seems to be junk according to everything I read. AND now I have the
lockups occurring again, so I am guessing the 8139too code was 'stolen' (my
words) BEFORE this wonderful fix. Thanks for any help.

  - Aaron

[68 root@ragnarok:/usr/src/modules]# uname -a
Linux ragnarok 2.4.5 #5 Mon May 28 19:25:02 EDT 2001 ppc unknown
__
Aaron D. Marasco
Aaron@Marasco.com
http://www.aaronmarasco.com