[realtek] At installing Linux answer me : Device is busy

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:41:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Antonio Latina wrote:

> >You need to follow the directions at
> > http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html
>
> >Specifically, you need to add the table entries to the PCMCIA package
> >configuration file
> > /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
>
> I thank you for interest to my problem. I have already follow the directions
> at
> http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html and specifically in section
> "Installing Individual Drivers". Now I add in my configuration file
> "/etc/pcmcia/config.opts" the follow line:
>
>        # The CardBus version of the RealTek rtl8139b.
>        device "realtek" class "network"
>               module "cb_enabler", "pci-scan", "cb_shim", "rtl8139"
>               card "RealTek RTL8139B"  manfid 0x0000, 0x024c  bind "realtek"
>
> I have rebooted the system, I have do again "insmod pci-scan.o" and I see it
> at work with
> "lsmod" BUT when I do "insmod rtl8139.o" Linux answer me "Device is busy",
> and I don't see it in "lsmod".

You can't insmod modules for CardBus devices yourself.  The PCMICA code
must first set up the bus bridge.

What does the PCMICA code report (in /var/log/*) when you insert the card?

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993