[realtek] dependencies problem: pci-scan

Benni Motz benni.motz@gmx.net
Sat Dec 29 15:08:00 2001

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:15:54AM -0500, Donald Becker wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Benni Motz wrote:
>
> > I need to compile the natsemi.c for my debian-woody with kernel
> > 2.2.19. I did everything as explained in the docs on
> > pci-scan.o: Note: modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use GPLONLY_ symbols
>
> Hmmm, you have a hacked 2.2.19.  The standard 2.2.19 doesn't have the
> license check code.

Oh .. right. It's just that one, installed by debian, but it has
indeed got ext3 and other things. Is it possible, that the problem is
caused by that kernel/modules? If it helps I can post the config or
parts of it.
--
._._._._.        mailto:benni.motz@gmx.net icq:117727031