[realtek] Looking for hope w/530TX+ Dlink

andrewl andrewl@hostahaven.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:46:07 -0500

--------------C68EEE98F3BEABD9DC156631

Hello Realtek wizards,

Is there a basis for hope that the rlt8139.o driver that comes with RHL
7.0 will work with the 530TX+ D-Link card?  So far, all I am getting is
"delaying eth0 initialization".  I tried the download from the scyld
site, and while I'm sure there are others that have made this work, even
though I attempted to deligently follow instructions my efforts have
fallen short of achieving the desired end result.

The command I entered on my RHL 7.0 server was:
<gcc -DMODULE -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c rtl8139.c>
as indicated in the rtl8139.c file.

Some of the errors returned include:
rtl8139.c:676: structure has no member named `interrupt'
trl8139.c:677: structure has no member named `start'
rtl8139.c: In funtion `rtl8139_timer':
rtl8139.c:1073 `NET_BH' undeclared (first use in this function)

Now I realize that I'm trying to do this with one half of my brain
knowing I need to be doing something else, so maybe I skipped some
important step, yet I thought I was paying reasonable attention to the
instructions.

Anyone having any luck downloading and recompiling for RHL 7.0?  Oh, and
of course, since I can't get the eth0 card to answer up, I can't get to
the net to download RHL patches for gcc.  Maybe my problem is actually
in the gcc compiler?

TIA for any help.  I'd just as soon make this card work but the clock is
ticking... and I may soon have to jump ship to another manufacturer's
solution.

--
Andrew Lietzow

#1 Plantsman at http://hostahaven.com